Caribou Memorial Hospital is accepting applications for CNAs. Selected applicants will be responsible for providing direct patient care to the residents of our Living Center. CNA certification is required. Competitive wages and benefits packages are available. Applications can be picked up at the front desk of the hospital and will be accepted on an ongoing basis until positions are filled. Applications can be sent to the address listed on this website.
Chief Executive Officer
About Caribou Memorial Hospital
Caribou Memorial Hospital is a 25 bed, county owned Critical Access Hospital with a 30 bed attached Nursing Home. With over 200 of healthcare’s finest employees, including three employed Family Practice physicians, CMH provides a wide variety of healthcare services to meet the needs of Caribou County and the surrounding areas. At CMH, we are dedicated to our work, and take pride in treating each patient as an individual and like family. We offer a variety of services including inpatient and outpatient services, labor and delivery, surgery, rehabilitation, skilled nursing care and more. For more information about our hospital and the services that we provide, please go to our website at www.cmhlc.org.
Surrounded by beautiful mountains, Soda Springs, population 2,982, is the county seat for Caribou County. Caribou County’s population, which also includes Grace and Bancroft, is 6,887. Caribou County ranks 35th among Idaho counties in population. Visitors can enjoy the only captive Geyser in the world and Hooper Springs which has a spring straight from the earth and full of bubbles and minerals. Soda Springs lies just under 60 miles from Pocatello, Idaho and Idaho State University and just over 60 miles from Logan, Utah and Utah State University. The area is rural with 1,799 square miles in the county. Caribou County is a high altitude county. Elevation varies from 5000-6300 feet in the valleys and 6000-9500 feet in the mountains. Elevation of Soda Springs is 5779 feet. Average winter temperature is 15 degrees Fahrenheit and average summer temperature is 80 degrees Fahrenheit. “Nowhere can you find a more beautiful county rich in history, scenic beauty, hunting, fishing, farmland, grazing, and the largest phosphate deposits in the world” (http://www.cariboucounty.us/departments/288/VisitCaribouCounty.aspx).
Caribou County enjoys an unemployment rate of 2.90% and future gob growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 31.85%. The median household income in Caribou County is $54,481. Manufacturing is the major basic industry with construction, healthcare and agriculture falling closely behind.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) directs the operations, programs and finances of Caribou Memorial Hospital, achieving the delivery of quality healthcare services through the effective management of fiscal, physician and human resources. In collaboration with the CMH Board, medical staff, leadership team and community, he/she develops and articulates strategic directions to position CMH for future sustainability and challenges.
The CEO will provide leadership to ensure the organization remains responsive to the communities it serves. To ensure the continued provision of high quality services, the CEO develops positive working relationships with the medical staff, administration and employees based on mutual trust and partnership. This individual should also be visible within the hospital organization and be open to issues and concerns of the physicians, employees, patients, and their families. Outside CMH, the CEO maintains working relationship with a variety of organizations and is active in the community.
The Chief Executive Officer reports to the CMH Board of Trustees.
Major responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the CMH Board of Trustees in setting the strategic direction for CMH.
- Represents CMH in the communities served through active engagement in community organizations.
- With the Administrative team and department managers, develops the budget, submits it for Board approval and manages CMH according to the approved budget.
- Provides leadership, direction and administration for all aspects of CMH activities to ensure compliance with regulations governing hospitals and rules of licensing and accrediting bodies to realize quality, economical healthcare services and related line of business.
- Coordinates with the Board, medical staff and other CMH personnel to respond to the community’s need for compassionate, quality health care.
- Provides the medical staff with guidance as it fulfills its assigned CMH functions. Leads recruitment and retention activities for qualified providers.
- Evaluates and recommends to the Board acquisition, development and expansion of desirable healthcare facilities, equipment and services.
- Represents CMH in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies, third party payers, and community organizations and groups.
- Manages employees through the Administrative and department manager teams.
- Establishes performance objectives and allocates resources to carry out CMH’s objectives.
- Advises the Board on the financial condition of CMH, including financial strategies and recommendations to maintain viability and market share. Informs the Board in a timely manner of any significant financial impacts.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and accrediting bodies by monitoring CMH’s operations. The following traits, background, experience and personal characteristics are preferred for the CEO position:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with a strong preference for a Master’s Degree in healthcare administration, business administration, clinical specialty or related field. Relative experience in lieu of a Master’s Degree will be considered.
- Nursing Home Administrator’s License strongly preferred.
- Experience in healthcare administration (Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, or comparable position) or administrative/executive experience in an organization of similar size and complexity preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in the area of strategic, budgeting and facility planning and implementation of the plan.
- Exhibits and models personal qualities and skills that reflect high standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity.
- Demonstrates specific skills in areas of organizational development, communication, conflict resolution, and diplomacy.
- A history of positive board, administrative, department manager and employee relationships. Prior experience working with a Board of Trustees preferred.
- An understanding of current healthcare trends, legal issues and solid business and financial skills are required.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively relate to people at all levels.
- Proven leadership skills to help the organization determine its direction and provide a focus point for the organization.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills that include approachability and being a good listener.
Submit Resumes to Brooke Young, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call (208) 547-2794 with any questions.